Monday, December 1, 2008

scaredy cat

I'm afraid of everything. Really. Did you know the world turns around in one day? And still it never ends in the same place it started.
I think the future is just about the scariest concept to ever press upon me and I can't seem to find time to catch my breath.
My fears push so much farther past this, beyond the future and unavoidable concepts like time. I am afraid of so much. Just alone, inside of me, is so much fear that I can't really remember what I look like half the time.
I'm afraid of the future, I'm afraid of the past. I'm afraid to face every mistake I've made, every crime I've committed. I'm afraid that I won't overcome all my faults. I'm too afraid to committ to overcoming my flaws. I'm afraid I'll never succeed. I'm too afraid to try. I'm afraid to show people who I really am. I'm afraid to be myself. I'm afraid to look forward. I'm too afraid to think about some things for too long. I run from my own thoughts.
I can't picture anything beyond tomorrow. I can't see myself anywhere in this world 10 years from now, 5 years from now, 2 years from now. I can't seem to overcome my fears because I'm too afraid of whats on the other side.

I really can't get a grip on this spinning world and it scares me to death. I'm having trouble breathing.

No comments: